Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is pretty much over as a holiday, but I have much to be thankful for. I had a wonderful meal prepared by my wonderful wife with help from my wonderful daughter. What a wonderful world... ;o)

Jen's sister Jeannie came for Thanksgiving and enjoyed the meal. Jen did some custom tailoring for her and while the sewing was going on, she and Andrew played Star Wars Trivial Pursuit and I read the questions.

During the day, before the meal, I installed Ubuntu Linux on this old laptop.... I am using it to create this post. It installed without any problems, setting up all the hardware without having to hunt down drivers (which made for a complicated Windows XP install) and I set up Evolution to run my POP3 E-mail from Verizon. I've had some problems setting it up but now that I solved the thermal issues, it runs like a champ... though a bit slow. It's been rather painless except for install issues caused by it's thermal issues. After I stuck a CoolPad underneath it, it's been flawless.

No comments: