Sunday, October 11, 2009

Tactical Solutions Gaming 2009

I've been painting and basing some miscellaneous new stuff, of which I have not yet taken photos to share over the last few weeks, getting ready for Tactical Solutions Gaming 2009 which happened October 9, 10 and 11 in Spokane. I loaded up some new music on my MP3 player for the trip and when I set off, the MP3 player randomly queued up Beethoven's Ode to Joy.... Auspicious, no?

I had a boatload of fun playing and presenting games and spent a lot of time photo documenting the event. Herewith, some favorite photos:

Mark Rounds awaits the first gamer of the day....

An example of Mike Clinton's new Caproni 3 engine bombers for Watch Your 6.

The gaggle of Caproni's thunder overhead under assault by German fighters.

Tank columns from the big multiplayer Flames of War on Sunday.

A failed assault from the Flames of War Tournament. First the tanks got popped, then the follow up infantry assault got equally massacred.... I suppose you had to be there to see it unfold. Gruesomely.

Zulu Hordes vs. Victorian British in Hordes of the Things. This is the second wave of Zulus. After killing at least the every stand in the Zulu army at least once and watching the new hordes forming up to come across the table yet a third time, the British commander withdrew in disgust.

I don't think I had any fun this weekend. I don't think.... ;o)

3 comments:

Joan Harris said...

your photos are really sharp. do you have new equipment?

kimalanus said...

Actually, I was using your ancient, '70's era tripod and my 6.2 megapixel Canon

kimalanus said...

Actually, I was using your ancient, '70's era tripod and my 6.2 megapixel Canon